Monday, June 12, 2006

The action is definitely heating up. The other guys don’t let me draft them, once we got oback on that long straight they opened up the gap and I settled for 4th. Back at Daytona, all they did was leap frog each other. They’re drafting off each other and slingshotting off each other. At Daytona you need to get a draft out of the chicane to start a fresh lap and get the best top speed going into turn one, and they’d look over their shoulder, sit up and pull off the line, and come to a crawl, getting me to blow by them, then they’d try to use me for the draft. They all work together but I just put my head down and qualified fourth anyway. Even though they were leapfrogging on the banking, I still won by 19 seconds. I did in front of Eric Buel and his whole entourage. Then I went to Road America for the second round, and never having seen the track, I qualified for that, too. They’re starting to squeeze me, one will come up on the outside, one on the inside, they’re like an inch from my front axel. I guess I expected a little more sportsmanship out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home