Friday, June 16, 2006

The goal is to get people to see that you can drag the cylinders around corners. Once people see that, they say “Holy shit, that really is a performance bike!” (even though it doesn’t look like it). I was of the same mindset for a long time. I was a typical American sport biker. Now I appreciate the European look and feel. I was raised in the Midwest so I never saw that kind of thing. Being over in Munich and seeing the riding community, well, it was like artwork. Until people actually ride a BMW they will never see it like I do, at least aesthetically.

I look forward to going to rallies and telling people that the race version I ride and the street version are not that far apart. Hey - I’m just another BMW rider. I just happen to ride a little faster!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home