Monday, February 12, 2007

Hey guys! Just got in literally from 12 hour drive bak from Miami (Homestead Speedway). I entered 2 races this past weekend for some seat time and to laern the new track before MotoST goes there in April. For my first time Im ok with two 3rd place finishes... Led the whole race in Supertwins and on the final lap, lapped traffic was 3 wide in front of me, I came barreling off the front straight top of 5th gear cranked over and just no where to go while hard on the binders. Almost ran off while trying not to rear ened the lapped riders. That allowed the 2nd an 3rd guys to slip by. I reeled them back in to within 4 bike lengths, until more lapped traffic a few turns from the finish line had me lose touch for a possible draft to the finish. lol The second race I held onto 2nd for much of the race, then I went back to test mode and tried some new lines, and brake markers, ended up 3rd again.
On the way home, at around 4 a.m. in the Atlanta area, I was rounding a bend on the highway and ther were headlights coming right at Chris and I. With a little patience we were able to avoid this worng way driver down I-75. The trailer and truck were all over. Just heard on the news, that worng way driver just killed one person moments after our paths crossed.

Regardless, the real win was the amount of people in and outside of our pit garage!!! Amazing is what people were saying about the R1200S in action.
Special Thank of BMW Motorcycles of Miami and 441 BMW of Ft. Lauderdale! The group ride you both created on such short notice was great! Huge thank you also to Chris Clary, fellow BMW rider that came down to help me and none of this would have been possible! I will not ride a bike I worked on! lol

N8! Kern

5 Comments:

Blogger Elsie said...

Good job, Nate! Looking at the track layout, it seems the R1200A should have liked the big straights. Have a good week and see you at Morton's BMW Open House!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Yikes, I meant R1200S (like SPEEDY :-)

7:07 AM  
Blogger nate_kern said...

Thankm you both, you have both been very integral in my confidence to run up front on our BMW's (R1200"S"!)

Im feeling rgeat about Daytona and I look forward to finally having more Beemers out there with me. Its not just the N8! show, I like seeing others get inspired and race such a Gr8 bike!

N8!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Chris Young said...

Nate, good job at Homestead....sorry i couldn't stick around to see it, but after you let me take the R12 around the parking lot I had to get back to the harley dealer to find out how to trade my buell in for BMW ha ha...see at daytona....

11:30 AM  
Blogger nate_kern said...

Hey Chris, lol, thanks man! It is a great bike and really will accel your comprhension of racing and the physics involved! very gratifying bike to race!

See you at Daytona!

N8!

Hey Kevin, I am working on Kansas right now, just an issue with MotoST on the same race weekend in VIR. Maybe you can sunt double and race ASRA Tbike for me out there!!! lol

N8!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home