Monday, July 31, 2006

Hello, finally arrived here in Hotlanta (Atlanta). I got a late start from main Line BMW Sunday... So I made it to VIR around midnight and had couple of guys that wanted to take the ART (Advanced Rider Training) Pro school through Team Pro Motion. After tooling around the track for a bit I finally got on the road for Atlanta. Bmw Motorcycles of Atlanta has come to the rescue to give me the best bikes possible for the upcoming 6th round of the National ASRA Thunderbike series at Barber Motorsports Complex in AL. I will drop off the bikes tomorrow morning and then head down to Fla. to visit my grandparents, I have not seen them in like three or four years.

I will be back to Atlanta Friday because our parts from Germany are being overnighted for the R1200S's. HUGE thank you to "Big Chimney" (my buddy Andy in Munich, he smokes a lot so that is how he got his nickname, and he is like 6'5") for getting the necessary parts for the R1200S's to even get on the track here stateside. I cannot thank my friends enough at BMW Germany for their devotion to our community. BMW NA has also been amazing at the punctuality and interest in this Conquest.

Driving 7 hours to VIR then another 5 here I have had time to think a bit. There are some real standout people lately that just really beleive. I mean they have felt, heard, seen, the redicule BMW motor cycle owners have received for some time now from someone that has not taken the time to ride one. Its neat to see ow our last season and a half has broufght together riders that are on anything from an F650 to a CLC, and all of these riders can enjoy the machines BMW have built in a different light. I think it is great the feedback from those especially that had no interest in the races when brought up at club meetings, then the next thing we know they are back again. It is very motivating.

Drew, Elsie, Erick S., Bean, Don, George, geez everyone. I'm going to try and make it to the little BBQ joint all the BMW motorcycle owners of Alabama go to each Thursday. I had a really good time last year there.

Ok well, I'm going to try and get a bit o' shut eye.

Have a good one,

N8!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home