Thursday, July 06, 2006

My next race weekend is not for 2 weeks. It is at a track that has a low turnout due to the amount of walls everywhere to hit. It was designed with cars in mind only, but I have to go for points. This past race weekend reminded me that literally ( I had this guy say this to me) "you have an X on your back..." and then walked away. In a way I did not know how to take it. It's kinda of one of those things that can go unsaid, it is what it is sort of thing. This was the first time verbalized though.
It comes with the achievements that all of BMW motorcycle riders have acquired through this racing endeavor. Racing has been really put at the front of the spectrum for many manufacturers over the past decade. None of us would have ever thought that BMW Motorcycles would have much more than the spec Boxer Cup to play in. Taking that next step and not listening to the nay sayers, but changing their opinions of how and why BMW motorcycles work so well is my conquest.
I would like to experience a new side of BMW motorcycling that I have been slowly opened up to (due to shcedules) and that is more rallies type events. I have always enjoyed going to local club breakfasts and events, but more would be better.

Shennandoah Circuit next then the big one, Barber Motorsports Complex in Leeds, Alabama. I have to tak advantage of the "Twin Sprint" weekend opportunity. That means double the schedule for regional pro championship. I feel I need to do them all to make up for the DQ's and running out of gas/mechanical's. 13 races in two days (including National Thunderbike).

Cheers,

N8!

2 Comments:

Blogger Elsie said...

Hey Nate, We'll discuss having you attend a BMWBMW club meeting after your racing season's over for the fall. Remember, X marks the spot where all those other brands fall short. Keep up the good work!

4:09 PM  
Blogger nate_kern said...

Hey Phil and Elsie! I am in my hotel room and getting ready to turn in. I am very fortunate to have some great help for my practice day tomorro. Elsie, for sure I want to be a part of BMWBMW's holiday event and Phil, anytime you want to talk about riding...!

Ok, well have fun at MOA and write anytime!

N8!

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home