Friday, March 30, 2007

I feel like I am typing under 50 feet o water right now! lol I never expected to have such sinus/allergy attacks being in a place with now trees or grass... Las Vegas is a trip! From the beautiful desert to the people watching, just a wild place. I still just cannot beleive how blessed and fortunate I am to have the opportunities and abilities. When I flip through the chapters of my life and read the what the majority of people say "should" have been my life, again just fortunate. Through popular public opinion, the avenues in life for many kids that come from tougher domestic situations, are very few and far between.

Racing is beyond memtal than physical. Whether it's sinus infections, traveling, or just stress, the level of focus is greatly hindered. Some weekends you are just shot out of a cannon and others you are crawling your way up that cannon just to getyour head out of barrel. This weekend feels that way.

There is not enough time in the day to articulate my enthusiasm for this conquest, to prove that you cannot judge a book by it's cover to the motorcycle world! Th BMW riding community, BMW, then myself has been a natural recipe for success. Relationships create numbers, period. Many dealers have those relationships on the outside of the tunnel that they can only see #'s. The word of the day is natural to me, "naturally" those relationships WILL create #'s across the board. That is why I have really enjoyed my endeavors with BMW Motorcycles of Las Vegas. With an awesome amount of tourist coupled with their rental of BMW motorcycles, realtionships are the priority. The new ownership has already proved that! Riders should seriously consider coming to Las Vegas and renting the BMW mc's here and riding to the rim of the grand canyon or Hoover Dam! Ask for Troy when you do, he is an asset to BMW Motorcycles of Las Vegas and the industry!

SO, tomorrow is a day of testing to get a good base line setup in the R1200S that resides here at BMW MC's of Las Vegas. The Las Vegas Classic course will be very green (slick) from the amunt of dust and sand that blows across the track. It seems to raelly only have a semi techinical section from turns 3 to 6/7? We will see. The RT final drive may not be the best greaing for this track, but logistically the S drive was not available. From what I have seen and heard, thsi will be a mini rally just for an open practice! lol I think that is great. BMW riders have the chance to hangout, eat,a nd drink with us all day at the track. Upwards of 100 BMW riders are slated to come out. From Miami testing a couple months ago to Las Vegas, just awesome! I would like to personally thank BMW Motorcycles of Atlanta's service dept. for giving me great macnines to add the credibility to the BMW R1200S's we race. Bob Hancock for just taking the time to help at Jennings practice days at last minute notice. Bob is a an R1100S/1200S owner and is the perfect expample of what BMW has for motorcycle owner's!

Tonight Im off to dinner with eth EMO club here in Las Vegas! The European Motorcycle Club is the BMW MC club of Alabama, BMW BMW.org, and hampton roads BMW MC Club in Virgina's west coast equivelant! Some great Thai tonight and some hot laps tomorrow is one the menu.

Whoa, hey Brian from Cirque Du Soleil's (spelling?) show "O", THANK YOU IMMENSLEY for the chance to see the the most amazing show of all time, ever. The most powerfull display of athleticism and choreography. The music is live, the singing live. Something everyone should see in their life time.

Cheers,

N8!

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Hi Nate,
Spkoe to someone about you last week & I heard DevonHillBMW motorcycles was closed so I thought I'd try to touch base.
Steve

7:27 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Hey, Nate -

Charlotte and I will be at BMW of Las Vegas next week to rent a R1200RT and do some touring. Looking forward to your races at Summit Point and VIR this year.
Thanks for keeping us informed

Mark Estes

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home