Friday, April 13, 2007

Beyond sick sitting here trying to sleep in Homestead (Miami), Fl. I have not been this sick in a long time. Pretty upset at the timing. Regardless if it was 90 today here. I had the clammy skin with cold chills. I really lost some energy with this damn bug I have. REALLY bad timing as I can share some info with you all. A press release will soon follow.

With the very unfortunate accident Stephane Mertens was involved in, I have been asked if I would be interested in riding in his place for the "24 Hours of Le Mans" in France next week. I am still beside myself. A bit overwhelming, but at the same time and opportunity to take with me the BMW riding community that has given me the strength and confidence to acheive what I have in such a short period of time in my career. I will be racing a new R1200S modified. This will be great testing and further the development/direction we are going in the motorcycle world.

I am sad that through injury of such an amazing racer has produced this opportunity, but I will have Stephane in my thjoughts and ride with what he has shared with me the few times I have been around him. He is the text book definition of a class act on and off the track.

Ok, enough for now, I passed on Go Karting this evening to get some rest and try and flush this damn bug out of my system. Brian and I spent most of the practice making adjustments to the bike and learning this new track. We eneded up 4th fastest regardless of my 8 laps and his 12 laps in a 2 hour practice.

Practice at 9a.m. so Im 86!

Thank you all again for such great support and interest.

Nate

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Hey Nate, thats cool you will be able to race in La Mens, but its still sad why. I hope Stephane Mertens comes out ok.

I REALLY wish I could go to France and watch you at La mens on new R1200S. Man that thing looks cool, with 140HP :D!!! lol

Well since you wont be coming to Heartland Park on the last weekend of April :( I'll see you at Road America in July.

Have a good time Nate, and ride FAST!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Best of luck to you Nate. I hope i can find some TV coverage to watch you.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home