Sunday, April 08, 2007

Received some bad news the other day about our teammate that rode to the win with us in the Sun Trust MOtoST "8 Hours of Daytona" last October. Stephane Mertens was injured pretty badly while practicing at a track in France. Stephanes crash resulted in a broken hip and other injuries. I wish and hope for a speedy recovery to the 3 time World Endurance Champion and winner of 12 World Superbike races in his career! He truely is a class act and anotehr great mentor in my career. When I think of influences I have gained from great racers I start with Michael Barnes and Vincent Haskovec for persevearance and Freddie Spencer's school with his intructors that always have the best of teaching techniques.


So hey ya'll as they say here in Ga., lol. Well there has been some time sinice practicing in Vegas Saturday before last, then going straight to the US Desmo (Ducati Owners Club) trackday at Roebling Road in Savannah last Monday. Just an amazing amoutn of beleivers made over those 2 days that have only read and heard about how we get r' done on the BMW R1200S! lol (im not that redneck)

With a couple HUGE potential opportunities looming and the MotoST races coming up at Homestead in Miami and VIR, I just cannot wait to get started! Im going to kick the cold and body aches setting in and get ready to run up front and get on top of the box at Homestead Speedway for the 2nd round of the MotoST National Endurance series!

Cheers,

N8!

1 Comments:

Blogger geechie said...

Wow, Nate. That's the first I'd heard about Stephane. I so enjoyed getting to know him at Daytona last October. Sure hope he heals well and quickly.

I won't be with you guys this time in Miami. I'll be shredding my own tires up in NC that weekend. I'll see you all at VIR though. Good luck with everything.

George

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home