Monday, April 30, 2007

For sure this was not one of my best weekends. In practice, glued together Brian and I, as I was able to use my bike also for more seat time.Basically a decision was made last minute to change master cylinders due to Brian loving the one on my bike. It is great, but the MotoST bikes worked very well also. The biggest difference is the fact that the MotoST bike had a remote adjuster on the left bar because Brian and I have very very different likes when it comes to brake pressure feel. I have to have a spongy softer lever for my compartment syndrome (right forearm) and Brian loves the lever way out there and stiff. SO, the remote adjuster is a peice of cake and a few turns it is just right and takes only a second. We were all against it, but it was done. As Brian pitted I jumped on and what I thought was the right direction really bit me/us. I turned the lever even further out. i turned it 3 full clicks with the manual non remote adjuster the worng way and right away into turn one I could barely reach the brake lever. From there each lap pumped up my arm to the point I could not feel the brake lever at all. I lost the front twice and went off the track trying to take the long way around an Aprillia.I have to say though, the crew knew as well as anyone that tehre was a problem. Lap times were 2 seconds off without traffic issues. Period.This past weekend was an amazing learning curve off the track for our team. from the flag man (Dean) to the riders. From here we have way better communication and realizing tribes have one chief!!! There needs to be more indians. I like being an indian, easier job! lol Everyone wants the same common goal and we are getting more efficient at obtaining it, and it shows!

I cannot wait to get back out and reedeem some personal best's next time out. I will be riding with Ivan at the WERA Natl. Endurance race the upcoming weekend at Barber Motorsports park. After much discussion we shoudl all be helping each other and I would really like to see if I can help get a better steup possibly for Team Motorrad as they put alot of heart and sould into this too. We will also be racing the WERA Natl. 600 Superbike race Heavyweight Twins and I think a couple other classes like 750 and maybe a 1000 class on our Team BMWXPLOR.com Boxers!

Great support from the BMW MC Owners Club of Alabama!

Ok going mt. biking.

N8!

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve McBrite said...

Nate, It was great seeing you at VIR on Sunday, I appreciate you letting me in ot the pit area, it was a nice gesture on your part. I know things did'nt go as planned and I would have liked to see you get a bit more seat time. I was glad it was a safe ride for you and all the riders. I was mounting up at 6:30 and stopped to have a short prayer for my saftey and the safety of all the riders. It's nice having God on board with me as I feel like I always know where I'm headed. I was wondering if the riders are offered any worship service at the tracks on Sunday mornings?
Anyway, best to you and the BMW team at Barber... Hopefully It will be on Speed sometime in the future.
Take care my friend and God Bless.
Steve McBrite
Holly Springs NC

4:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Nate, this is Romain, from Le Mans! So I follow your races since you went back to USA. How was the trip back? not too tiring?
See you next year in Le Mans maybe!
Goodbye
Romain

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home