Saturday, April 21, 2007

Good morning everyone, the partying by the natives just started back up with the loudspeaker as their wake up call with a song by "The Killers", lol. I think I am more excited than our 3 riders, as a reserve rider, I could not sleep. I have been up slpet for a little bit, Markus (Barth) left the windows open to the RV for the past 2 nights and I do what i can to bundle up. Just me and the techs here in garage (pit box).I was thinking about my week so far. From the 2nd lap fiasco on Tuesday that cut my testing time from 1.5 hours to 10-15 minutes, Wed. practice of a handfull of laps, Thursday handful, Thursday night practice (I think I was only 3rd fastest of us at night, because I could not stop looking at the gorgeous new dash/instrument display all lit up at night, not watching the track or brake markers). Friday, seemingly, my last ride for now onthe machine, as the race starts today! i will have my leathers on and just sitting idle, for 24 hours! Finishing is winning, winning the "Open class" is a bonus! I am amzed at how much of the bike is still stock. There is a bit more I will be reserved, sorry, but out of respect for my colleagues that have given me this awesome opportunity....!The tire choice still baffle me though. The SC1 is a "Blue/Soft", the SC2 is a "Green/Medium", the SC3 a "Yellow/hard". Brain and I know what work for us and the Blue has never been an option as it is a qualifying/sprint tire. The SC2 is the best choice next to the SC3. There is only the choice of SC1 and 3 this weekend?! WHAT? So our over and hour before fuel stops is going to try and be done on a BLUE rear?! Whew, flat track central! I know I am have only begun my 6th season of racing ever, but through a gift and articulation, things have been accomplished by comprehension and feedback from the machine. I wnat what we all wnat for OUR team over here, the best finish possible for BMW's firts official factory effort in forever.From the initial view of this machine, the top triple tree really caught my eye, it iwll be the same as the street version. It is really cool and great looking. I know we all have our own tastes in how things look, but this bike in person has alot of substance. The tail section is complete carbon fiber, no aluminum or any metal of any kind. Valve covers are all carbon fiber. The wheels are just really light and the step up in aerodynamics is worth alot, especially at Daytona! The bike revs ultra quick for being a Boxer and when first fired up there is such a powerful burst of exhaust with a POW that comes from the exhaust tips. Very strong and full of compression. Comming into this weekend a total of 10 hours straight on the drivetrain. Sorry I do not have much more info, but I will be at the laptop during the race starting at 3pm. Would much rather be inthe saddle for over an hour each stint, but I knew this coming in. I know we can win the Open class with the level of consistancy we all bring to the table. If you guys ony knew the speed difference and how hard we had to work just to be in the sub 1:48's. Ok, sorry to be a bit bland this morning, Im not much of a hournalist, just hoping to share a bit and have something for youse when your PC/laptop is fired up. Ok time to get changed for a press confrence at 9.

N8!

1 Comments:

Blogger Leroi said...

Nate,

So very sorry to hear you were injured. Been there done that, got the T-shirt...it never get easier.

We met you in person @ the NYC Bike show this year. You signed a picture for my son Beau...He's goping to be real bummed when I tell him.

You seem like a real good guy and the "Big Guy" upstairs knows it!

Hope you heal up perfect and soon...

God Speed!

ltetreau@oxhp.com

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home