Monday, April 16, 2007

Well hey everyone. Im sitting in a waiting/internet/toilet place here at the Charles De Gaulle airport in France. Im fighting to stay awake! Im beyond tired as I have the hardest time sleeping on planes. My day started yesterday OUR time at Miami airport where I flew to JFK. The flight was delayed at JFK for 1.5 hours due to the Capt. (pilot) of the plane sitting in traffic on I-95.... I missed my train to Le Mans so i will be on the next one in like 2 hours.

Im back, lol, .50 euros later for having to use the bathroom here....! The crapper attendant says to me (I am the only person in line) "So you have to go?!" I was thinking to myself, in dire need TO GO, "Nah, I just love the smell, so I I'll just stand here."

Okay, my abttery is about dead. Miami was the site for round 2 of the Sun Trust MotoST series where Brian and I, for the firts time, had to really earn/ride hard for a podium spot (3rd). Homestead Speedway is a tough track for our bike due to 2 really tight turns. The heat was not so bad my second stint out, but the first really let me know that I did not have the energy from being sick for a week prior. Regardless, I went a bit faster my second stint and then Brian took over. Brian set the quickest time of 1:30.2 and my best lap was a 1:30.8. Im getting over the fact slowly that it is not my bike, lol! Just getting more comfortable with Brians set up suspension wise. We both can throw down very consistant times which keep us as one of the top teams for the series.
There were 3 extra pit stos we made using up precious time for a faulty electric shifter. Finally disconnecting it, we were able to finish the race after battling back to 3rd.
It was really special seeing BMW riders that came to support me back in Feb. at Homestead there again. BMW Motorccyles of Miami and I shared in the fun at their open house. I slipped away for 2 hours and was able to meet some really loyal BMW mc riders/customers, but also customers on looking at their first BMW mc. I high taile it back to the track for the race and hour later. Thank you Doner for the use of your Porsche Cayman, made it back with ZERO tickets! Man that things rips!

Im going to go now so I can see which platform my train will be leaving from. There is just a really calm and focused feeling knowing that i have the best support and interest from a really great mc riding community in the states! So, for BMWXPLOR, BMW MC of Atlanta, my MotoST team San Jose BMW and teammates, BMW MC of Las Vegas, Morton's BMW, and BMW MC of Miami, we are all here and will enjoy next week. Im going to ride hard, but I will say Brian said something really cool as I left Florida. "Stay safe cause we need you for VIR (rd.3 of MotoST)!

Will try and find an adapter so I can recharge my laptop. Tomorrow is the day for the modifeied R1200S to be rocked around the track, today I will be at the circuit right from the train to get familiar with the bike.

Take care,

N8!

3 Comments:

Blogger nixoid said...

Make us proud over there on the other side of the pond Nate!

Kevin and all the guys n gals here at Vanson.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Hey Nate,
Congrats on your 3rd at Homestead. We're so proud of you and Brian. And, now, this big opportunity in Le Mans! You will do great and we can't wait to hear about your adventure in person at VIR in a couple of weeks! Good luck from all of us at BMW Bikers of Metropolitan Washington! Elsie

4:39 AM  
Blogger Josée said...

Hi Nate,
I just read that you were sick before Homestead. That may explain why you were not smiling much!
It was nice talking to you. Congrats on the 3rd place. Enjoy your experience oversea and see you next week!

Josée

PS If you can get a Jeep again it would be great (if I get to sit in it for more than 20 sec.)!

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home