Saturday, August 05, 2006

Just went for a ride (mt.bike) and now just catching up here ta the Woodstock coffee house here in Woodstock, GA. I dont even drink coffee at all, but this seems to be the only place for wireless. Just got another update on my buddy Tyler's post surgery condition. Tyler is at the Ronald McDonald house in Wlimington, DE and had a rod put in place to help due to his Cerebral Palsy. He is an amzing young man and I know his spirit and attitude towards life, and it is very difficult to not want to talk to everyone and just be out of that place. Just praying fora quicker recovery. Ty has run into just a bit of a problem with fluid building around his right lung making it harder to breath,so his tube will not be removed just yet.

Im on my way to the BMW of Atlanta motorcycle dealer to see the progress on the bikes and hopefully I can breath a little easier myself once I see our machines looking good. There is a dealer out west that builds phenominal BMW race bikes and has 30 years experience in doing so. Their testing and development seems to come in leaps and bounds. The common goal Of our Conquest to prove the BMW S bikes capabilities, hoepfully it is a common goal and not just mine and BMW's, but te ability to share in set up and go fast parts would expand the exposure and in return result in what every dealer wants, #'s. Pretty simple equation if you ask me.

We all have different definations of "team", for the majority I think it is self explanatory. There is no "I" and "me" I have been raised "we" and "us". There seems to be some opportunities in the future that would have the bet results through a teamwork agenda, not a personal one. Nothing feels bette rthan when I shared with those who helped me achieve the top of the podium during the National Thunderbike race at Daytona this past march. Everyone laughed at the seemingly overweight, underpowered BMW R1100S. When all was said and done i had a chance to look down on Gatorade Victory Lane at Daytona Intl. Speedway and see the faces of those that helped me get there, the faces of those that were not there in person (Czecher #3!), and those who were eagerly awaiting to here the results of this 30th anniversary moment. 1976 was the last time a BMW won a National race with a Hall of Famer (AMA) SteveMcGlaughlin on a R90S. I woul not be able to type this without a team and a vision of bigger goals than just what is in front of me...

Ok well, Im looking forward to the little shindig this evening for Bobby's (BMW of Atlanta) mothers Birthday. She is great. The Screamin Chief (Mr. Daytona) and Co. may be around for some MotoGP 4 on PS2 later also... "Its on like Tron" if Scott thinks he can beat me at MotoGP 4, LOL

N8!

1 Comments:

Blogger Elsie said...

Having met Tyler only once a few weeks ago at Summit Point (Shenandoah Circuit) I know that Tyler is not a quitter! He was unwaivering in his resolve to be in the middle of the action on a blazingly hot day for more hours than I care to count. Thank you Nate for bringing him into our lives. God will bless him with everyone's prayers being lifted up.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home