Monday, June 11, 2007

Okay, okay, apologees for another delay in posting here. Thank youse for all the emails and hello's! So, I have been riding the street bike for 2 days now and it's pretty good. My wrist with the newly inserted screw (weeks ago), is the least of my worries now. It is my right knee. The tip of the femur has a still very serious bone bruise. Just sucks. No worries though.

Was able to et some decent miles in, but tough to move the body around on the footpegs (right).
Rolling on and off the throttle is getting quicker and smoother. Trail braking is just as normal as ever. Feels great!

With everyone's unparalleled support (bmwxplor.com, pelicanparts.com, motorcyclistcafe.com, to name a few), a new race suit is being finished up by Vanson. The relationship and sponosorship from Vanson has always been great and I cannot thank them enough for keeping me on board through some restructuring. Suomy helmets work, period. The helmet saved my life. The flat spots on the front and rear of helmet, dead stright blows, no scrapes, just blunt straight hits from the asphalt (what knocked me out) were absorbed by this amazing helmet! The Suomy also offers the best in peripheral vision. The sides are a few mm back on each side than other helmets I have worn. 3 mm or so is a huge difference when it comes down to seeing what is next to you or coming at you.....
Sidi boots and Spidi gloves, because of them I have hands and feet that were untouched in this 130 mph violent tank slapper. The wrist injury and the chunk o' meat out of my knee was all I was left with! THANK YOU sponsors for beleiving in me cause I beleive more than ever in you and your products!

I hope to practice for a day at Jennings GP or somewhere before my frist race back. I dont know if it will be much of a race that we are used to, due to lack of motion and muscle loss, but i will be on the bike and on my way back to full strength! I would not miss the VIR ASRA race for nothing.

Upwards of 100 BMW riders, their families, and friends will be at VIR I am told by the multiple BMW clubs involved! Just great is all I can say. I have the best in Physical Therapy working with me and it is just going to be a celebration for us all!

Ok, going riding, again!

N8!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good to hear you are having fun again. Feels good to be on a bike doesn't it!

7:28 PM  
Blogger BMW-Dick said...

Holy Crap!
Just heard about your Rock 'Em Sock 'Em. Glad to hear you're up and moving and on the recovery route.
All your Buds at the Mac-Pac wish you a quick and complete fix up.
Best,
BMW-Dick

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home