Monday, August 21, 2006

I know, I know it's been a week. Thank you to everne for their emails wondering what's up!
I have to say I have been reflecting on just how great it is to be a part of this Conquest in my life. I guess Im getting older, lol. There are windows i truely beleive now in our lives to be a part of something. Whether it's histroy making or not, something productive not just in a business or financial sense, but a personal sense. this is really just a cool feeling to beable to have this BMW motorcycle community involvement outside of racing.

I had a great breakfast with some great riders/people in Frenchtown, NJ yesterday. To be able to just sit around and hangout felt great! We were able to talk about everything under the sun and not have to breach the racing subject to much. i thought that was cool because they are content with my efforts to prove our machines and are also up to speed on whats been happening not just through here.

I want to add a really awesome entry into my long list of neat people I have met. Though this person I have not formally met, but I have received an email in reference to questions I had about the new Moto-ST series. Steve McLaughlin, the R90S BMW pilot that won the 1976 Dayton 200! His emails weer just as though he was siting BS'ing on the front porch, reinforces everything any has said about the guy to me, genuine.

I have to say that that reminds me of when I was in Germany in 2004 for the Boxer Cup race the following weekend at Sachsenring (tough track!) My plans in life were to teach US History. i have always loved how and where we came from in this great country. So while I had o race in multiple countries in the Boxer Cup, I always made a point of seeing something that had to do with our history and theirs, over there. To make a long story short, on a tour of Dachau Concentration Camp outside of Munich, I entered this last rom on the tour. Everyone else there was pretty tired and didnt bother with this room full of patches and insiginias worn during the Second World War. I this room was this older gentleman wearing a Screaming Eagles 101st jacket with his back to me. I dont know why other than my love for oral history, I asked him "if you dont mind me asking, were you here, did you liberate this camp...?" He proceeded to tell me his beginning to the end of his tour. I said 'Man that sounds alot like "Band of Brothers" (the best WWII documentary/series ever). Just then another gentleman came up and said proudly "yes it does because this is Don Malarkey!" NO KIDDING! I just shook a hand that had so much history pass through it. The accurate and epic history that the "Band of Brothers" went through is something we should all see. To be able to meet Mr. Malarkey there in Germany was amazing! An original member of the "Band of Brothers".

Hey that totally beats being blown off by Johnny Bench at 7 years old asking for an autograph, LOL.

Ok, well this weekend coming up is another Shennandoah round of the CCS Mid Atlantic Championship. This track is hands down the most dangerous track in the country, but I would just like to hopefully add a little bit to my points lead to defend our # 1 plate on the BMW. This track is so small and rinky dink that it is great for spectators, you can see 3/4's of each lap, but pretty cruddy for the riders. So come out and hangout, you can do everything and go anywhere but on the track, lol

I would like to thank 1) the BMW motorcycle owners for their unparalleled support 2) Main Line BMW 3) BMW NA/AG 4) Suomy helmets 5) Vanson Leathers 6) Team Pro Motion 7) House Industries 8) Spectro Oils 9) Trackside Racer Supply (Pirelli) 10) BMW of Atlanta and Zach!!!

All are key ingriedients if you wnat to go fast!

N8!

1 Comments:

Blogger nate_kern said...

lol, focus on school dude! Your a smart kid and I enjoyed having you and your friends hang out in the pits at Heartland Park. You ride smart Kevin and hopefully I will have alot more to share with you when I get back from Munich in Oct.

N8!

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home