Tuesday, August 08, 2006

We're a bit closer to this big weekend ahead of us, and things are not as ready and focused as I would like. The bikes are coming along slower than expected, but I will shrug it off. It's not nearly as bad as it has been in the past. I have a great technician working on the bikes and and an awesome one in Zach coming to the track. Its funny how it strikes me each time that i type here how I have to be reserved and tactful, but a blog seems to have a pretty general consensus about how one should be able to vent and have fun. This season has come close to topping any roller coaster I have ridden in life.

The BMW motorcycle has change my life. On the track I feel is self explanatory. Off the track, the machine has changed the way I look at people, machines, and again just life in general. I mean I have learned the value of not judging a book by it's cover. My typical athletic self growing up always wanting to win and never picking (for lack of better terms) the fat kid for my gym team in school. WELL the FAT KID has prevailed in the R1100S vs. the rest in 2005 and the leaner meaner R1200S has fulfilled it's pre-conceived notion I have always had. Through the K1200R I have found a better way to challenge my knowledge of chassis and riding. Again, the BMW motorcycles have shown me the value of not judging anything by it's "valve" cover.

We know how busy this weekend is going to be and I look forward to a team working as a team with a strong passion to be up front and letting the competition know our agenda.

A very positive note is how I have been contacted by more than one Buell racer interested in learnign about the R1200S in the new Moto-ST series and asking me which dealres nationally would like to be involved for their market area. Gratifying.

Ok off to play PS2 MotoGP 4. Go ahead and laugh, but it is an awesome way to stimulate the rapid problem solving/decision making process that racers resolve each lap on the track. Its wub, twu wub! ;)

Nate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home