Tuesday, August 15, 2006

WOW, I dont know where to start! From reading the beginning of my last post to sitting here now... I will say that the BMW motorcycle owners community never ceases to amaze me!!! From Elsie in D.C. who basically rides her RT hours upon hours away to help take care of logistics in the pit area to Jose who rode up from Miami just to hangout, and everyone else in between, amazing. Well it showed just how much I dig their support.

I entered 13 races to A) redeem BMW's reputation of reliability and B) to prove to myself that the mechanical failures that have happened more than once were the stciking points of why i have crashed. 13 races which included National Thunderbike. 7 wins, 1 second, 2 thirds (National Thunderbike podium), a 4th , an 8th (destroyed rear tire), and there is one more missing. I have to look?! Sorry. My highlight was the Unlimited Superbike race. I wish I was that fresh for the National Thunderbike race, as I was for Unlimited Superbike. We finished 3rd after having to chase down a CBR1000. Then the 4th in Unl. Supersport wasalot of fun. I was getting crushed down the straights, but was able to us the awesome telelever front end to go way deeper on the brakes and carry more cornerspeed, then get on the gas earlier. Pulled to within 3 bike lengths on the final corner, just to get motored to the line by about 20, lol. 4th nevre felt so good! LOL

I will say again that the whole weekend was great due to Main Line BMW's belief, BMW NA's belief in the marketing return, the BMW motorcycle owners community, Zach from Atlanta who is the best technician I have ever had in my career, period, Bobby and BMW Atlanta.

On an even better note, my buddy Tyler who had a pretty in-depth surgery to have a rod placed in in spine to help with his Cerebral Palsy, is finally on his way home from the children's hospital. I have been thinking of you buddy, and I know our BMW riding community said prayers for you! I was shocked by how many people actually read this blog, lol. Wish i could have more to say, Im still pinching myself.

N8!

1 Comments:

Blogger nate_kern said...

Thank you John and Kevin! Just went to visit Tyler and I cant beleive how strong he is for all he has to go through!

Thank you again gang!

n8!

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home