Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Soon I will be able to get to VIR and ride. As Main Line BMW's R1200S racebikes are being prepped and serviced, I am running laps in my head on how to improve the bikes stability for the high speed switch back (chicane) at Daytona. I think the bike was made to tall at Barber and has it a bit unstable on fast direction changes. VIR will be an important weekend to really listen to what the bike is telling me and make the correct adjustments. GMD Computrack of Atlanta has been an important part of the development process and is logging every adjustement and measurement.

I would have been able to get going earlier, but a major discovery in our final drive has set us back a day. It is well worth the wait! Main Line BMW has had a tremendous season and to miss something as serious as this could have been pretty unhealthy, lol We just received the updates also to the computer which seems to have way better throttle response.

Very anxious to finally wear some boots that dont require more maintenance than bikes! Sidi boots will be my new sponsor and Spidi gloves! Sad to say that I have blown out zippers in every pair of bo0ts I have worn this season from another manufacturer of race boots. We finally woke up when I realized that we should not be saftey wiring and or duct taping boots that are supposedly designed to withstand the torment of roadracing.

Some key ingredients to going fast consistantly and safely:

Vanson Leathers
Suomy Helmets
Remus Exhaust
Sidi boots
Spidi gloves
Pirelli tires (Trackside Racer Supply)
Spectro Oils

The additional track time teampromotion.com sponsors me with is also very imperative. I havenot been able to make it out toas many events while chasing multiple championships, but there is quality track time and people involved with TPM!


Finally I have tried the summer undershirt that BMW Motorrad offers in their aparel catalog. At first I thought from seeing it on display that it would be to loose underneath my leathers and bunch up, it does not. I also did not feel it it would allow me to move around freely in my suit, it does. It is really great to be able to finally stay cooler vs. wearing the typical under armour shirt that really does not allow the perferations in my Vanson suit to keep me cool.

There is some work to do this weekend and it is not all fun and games, lol There may be another great season for our riding community coming to a close, but progress and bettering our last race weekend does not stop!

Will be back tomorrow gang!

N8!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home