Monday, September 11, 2006

What a weekend! Amazing support from BMWBMW.org and even online through emails from those on the left coast! I had exta energy seeing all of these BMW riders along turn 8 and it showed. It was alot of fun running the 600 and 1000 classes and showing the bike true potential. Winning the 3 races was fun, but not nearly as much as seeing the faces of litre bike (GSXR/R1/CBR1000...) riders on the cool down lap. I cant bleive I had a career first of jumping the start. That has never happened and I guess thats how bad I wanted it, i couldnt wait lol. I knew there was a stop and go penalty involved where I needed to enter pit lane (no speed limit :)), come to a complete stop (feet down), and then pull back onot the track. I knew it and i went ahrd on the first lap. I screamed down hot pit and went from first back to 14th. With 6 laps to go we ended up finishing 3rd.

From the parade laps at lunch for the BMW riders to the kids faces having fun, we could not ask for a better weekend. Im glad my buddy Tim Dennis is ok, he had a big crash in practice, also my buddy Greg who didnt have to get air lifted thank goodness. GOD has been good to all of us this season and we have so much to be thankful for. Im just beside myself right now. I dont want this dream to end!

VIR is coming up (9/23-24) and it is the final round of the CCS MA/SE Regional Pro Chamiponship. This is where I plan on wrapping up our # 1 plate for a consecutive season. It is for EVERY BMW rider to wear. The single digit saves a lot of weight having less vinyl, lol!
The evening of the 23rd maybe we can all head to Aunt Millie's just outsdie the track. Greatest little pizza place in a Civil War era little town/building.

Thank you again BMWBMW.org for your choice of this race weekend to have your annual picnic and a huge thank you to Erick Schnorbusch a fellow racer who has been taking time out of his own race weekends to help make sure my wheels are on right, justto go out and beat his Milles (Aprilia's)!

N8!

1 Comments:

Blogger nate_kern said...

Thanks Mike E, it is very mutual! All of you were great and that is the extra enthusiasm I need to turn it up!

Wish i could have youse at all my races, lol.

VIR will be great cause its a great track and way better facilities for friends and family.

Talk to you soon!

N8!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home