Saturday, September 09, 2006

Fun day today. I entered the 600 class (Middleweight Grand Prix), which was one of the first races of the day and I wanted to see right away about our gearing during race pace. Practice was tough to get a clean lap. The final drive out of the R1200S GS was just right for this track. The stock R1200S final drive last time here was just in between gears to many times each lap.

The 600 class always brings out the best and worst in people. The best is when it makes beleivers of the BMW motorcycle and the worst when 600 riders happen to finsh behind the BMW and all of sudden Im cheating or now Im the bad guy... its a shame. I finshed 5th on the 600 class and it was alot of fun each lap. The GTLights 30 min. race, we won by a bit.

It was great to see Main Line BMW customers at the track and run up front. Tomorrow is a rather big day and the oportunity to also give BMW motorcycle owners a peice of the pie.

I hope to also solve a potential problem. I think we may have bad fuel, hopefully its just that. The bike was sputtering a bit towards the end of the race today and I think it is just when I hit heavy lap traffic that the rpm's were a bit lower than they usually are and that put me in a flat spot in the rev range due to not having any mapping yet.

ok gang, be good and see youse tomorrow!

N8!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home