Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Another Wed. before a race weekend and just trying to put tohether many "to do" lists. One list is making sure everything is in the trailer since I have been flying solo here and there, another "to do" is actually doing on the track, lol. This track coming up (Shennadoah) I know I have complained about in the past, but it is a gerat training track. the amount of turns that you have to connect the dots is amazing. I would expect the 600's to get er' done way better due to wheelbase, but... :) The new R1200S is really a blessing from BMW. The bike has alot more development to go, but the best time of my weekend at Barber ASRA (1'34.9) would have put us off the last row in the AMA FX race there.

I have been trying to find a bit more to do then worry and wonder about things on and off the track which tend to take a tenth of a second or two away here and there. There are 4 rounds left in the CCS series, we have been running well despite drama and mechanicals, lol My true focus is development and gettin the ride heights/ geometry right. From there I am really counting on San Jose BMW's Chris Hodgson to do what he has always done, make a faster R1200S!

It's pretty neat to see the bike run wide here and there and have a bit of trouble in a corner with curbing and cylinder heads, but no matter how much I come back boggled on how to decipher the bike and track, our BMW riding community is always very supportive and positive. Then with no adjustment to the bike, but adjustemnt to my focus and a better positive attitude that rubs off from the BMW riders there and online, geez I just go out and put down a fun/competitive lap time that is better than when no one is there! lol

So this weekend I am going to really ocus on the bike more and reinforce what theFreddie Spencer riding School has engrained in me which has made me even more successful, body position. Body position and centers of gravity are so key to feedback which dictates lap times and staying even safer! :)

Ok well a mt.bike ride then some PS2 should shape up this evening before loading the race trailer all day tomorrow.

Oh yeah, Peter R. your wifes a keeper, shee lets you play PS2 with me when she is like ready to burst anyday and lets you ride all over the place and hangout, LOL We are all looking forward to the arrival this week buddy!

N8!

1 Comments:

Blogger jamie said...

Free time at the track, what's that??! Nate is the marathon man with all the races he runs in a day ;) But, once the day is done, you can be assured he's got the PS2 hooked up :)

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home