Sunday, August 27, 2006

Finally home, driving home in puring rain, after 5 races today, for 4 hours... lol Whew!
This weekend was a learning curve, first thing I learned is I made the bike to tall for this track with the setup in it from Barber. The swithcbacks and changing direction so rapidly with such a high center of gravity made the bike tank slap a bit and I was eating rear tires like fuel. So a bit of rear shock/geometry issues. Either way, this little rinky dink track at I think 1.5 miles with 12 turns as I recall, is suietd for go karts and Motards. 6 races total, 5 wins and a second. The next thing I learned is to not over do it on Ibuprofen, Aleve, and Creatine gel (to early) to combat a slipped disc. It was rather painful for a bit, but as they say down south "we got er' dun!"

The second came with just running it in to hot into turn 3. The R1200S is just as forgiving as the R1100S. Even with your knee on the ground you can have the front brake on and tuck the front more controlable than any other bike I have ridden. The cylinder head saved me 3 times this weekend. running it in deep on the brakes, losing the front enough to bounce the head off the ground and upright me to keep going. We did put it on the pole for Unlimited GP qualifying, a litre bike class, on a half wet half dry track. The R1200S was great and allowed me to get my feet back in the wet.

This weekend was bare bones and fun. No tech, but my friends and BMW riding community are getting me through this season! (just remember to pump the brakes back up... LOL)

Drew, your the man!

N8!

2 Comments:

Blogger Elsie said...

Nate, you OWNED the Shenandoah Circuit. Knew you would1 Now, just get the bikes tweeked for Summit Point in a couple of weeks. BMWBMW members will be there to cheer you on!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Elsie said...

KEVIN: I just read your "Sweet Sixteen" article in the Sept. 2006 issue of the BMW Owners News. You sure look like you belong on the track. Thanks for mentioning Nate and your dreams of racing for BMW in the MotoGP. You definitely are a young man with your "riding" head on straight...glad you and your dad are enjoying the sport together.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home