Thursday, August 31, 2006

Pretty grey here on the out skirts of Philly. I have come down with a bit of a cold and need to kick it before next week. I am hoping and praying for no rain for our race at Summit Point next weekend. That track is affectoinatly known as "Slippery Point". No throttle or brakes and you still end up tipped over there. So thats what I have been thinking about and trying to finish this season off strong.
Rather sad I cannot make the next ASRA Thunderbike National in Illinois. I have no mechanical support and I cannot drive out there 16 hours, unload the trailer, practice, qualify, and race on my own. I have tried it before and have won, but theres only so many times you can go there.

With as much drama as one season could hold for a competitor, I still find myself fortunate. Frotunate because I am a racing a BMW. A BMW mottorycle with a community/family that is eager to help and ride great distances to share in this small window in our lives. Without all of you I would not have even half the success I have had on our BMW motorcycles.

If you dont mind me saying, for those who know me better, you know exactly where I am coming from. Some people ask "how do you d0 that on that big ol'..." Ability has bit of bearing on how I can ride sucha long wheelbase machine, but the rest is having the oportunity to feel like I am sharing this with family. I never had anyone to share my abilities with growing up. Any sport I played I excelled at, but still no one came to watch. I quit alot, even at all my coaches attempts to get me to stay. Most of the time I just went through the hardships of making the team just to hangout with friends, then quit once the season started. NOW, nothing makes me happier than doing the best I can for a riding community that has shown me more support than I have ever had. There is a really cool feeling of knowing that getting around the track quicker to show whomever it is on pit wall that "hey, Im still in that position or further" is motivating. I never knew that this machine could change my life off the track as well...

N8!

1 Comments:

Blogger nate_kern said...

Thanks buddy, Im having a blast and looking forward to racing in KS again!

N8!

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home