Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Another day coming to a close and without anything eventful. I will say that Im not happy to hear my buddy Tyler had to go back in for surgery to fix the rod that placed in his back to help with conditions due to Cerebral Palsy. He is tough and at times I question if I am nearly as tough as him? That kid has gone through a bit and let's us know where we stand...
This past race weekend was alot of fun and showed the rest of the competition that it is not just my abilties that put our new BMW R1200S out front with little development time on it, but the support of the BMW riding community that allows you to reach a bit deeper and actually focus better. It is gratifying to hear more and more voices from the crowd acknowledging that BMW is onto something in the motorcycle performnace world and not to be overlooked or misjudged, lol.
A funny story I was reminded of Sunday that happened last season at Summit Point Raceway was one of the most oblivious things I have done in my career that looked pre meditated, but far from it... I wear tear off's on my race helmet that allow me to pull a thin film of clear plastic off of my visor when it gets full of bugs at 100 plus mph. Well on the warm up lap I got splattered pretty good and rolling into my grid position on the front straight, I was undecided if it was enough that I couldnt see clearly and tear it off or keep it just in case. Well the 3 board was up and the rest of the field was filing into their spots on the grid and I guess I lost track of time, but I decided to go ahead and rip it off and for some odd reason I felt bad throwing it down on the straight?! Well Nate you j.a. that is the better than a turn where someone could fall because of it. So I decided to shake it violently in my right hand to the guy gridded next to me to throw it in the grass next to him. He already had his bike in gear and half heartedly looked at me like "What?" I just kept shaking it at him. He reached over and grabbed it in a confused way and I yelled "throw it in the grass!" I took a quick glance and saw that the one board was just turning sideways to start the race and I quick pulled in the clutch and gave it some gas in time to launch it at the shake of the flag while this poor guy is sitting there with his arm out holding my tear off tab still... man I felt bad.

Im looking forward to working with Zach again from BMW Atlanta and getting Main Line's new R1200S prepped thoroughly for the last two rounds of the season!

Til next time, ride smart gang!

N8!

1 Comments:

Blogger Elsie said...

PLEASE keep us updated on Tyler. Prayerfully, he's not in a life-threatening situation. We can all learn from his strength in the face of physical challenges. God bless him and his family.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home