Friday, September 29, 2006

Super long week it seemed like, lol. Especially when your a bit sore and stiff! Still cranking away on the mt.bike and setting sights on the Race of Champions at Daytona Intl Speedway. What we (all of us BMW riders) have fought for all season is the chance to grid up (by points) at the ROC. Each season all the regions top ten riders around the country are gridded by points from their respective regions for the start. Winning the the championship in your respective region of the coountry helps with this process of gridding, but winning at the ROC gives you a National Championship in that respective class won that weekend. That is the primary focus for Main Line BMW as we have raced hard all season to get there. Then the prestigous opportunity to race the innaugural Moto-ST 8 Hours of Daytona Oct 21st cannot be overshadowed.

From my first time ever really seeing a BMW motorcycle, yes literally, in 2003 and riding one a few times that year let me know "hey this is cool, where were these bikes this whole time..."
That was when I had first met Brian Parriot and was like WOW, that guy can ride and that BMW (R1100S) gets it done! I learned more than Brian knows sitting back and watching him work during the 2004 BMW Motorrad Boxer Cup series. Not knowing the tracks at all and with Brians 2003 experience in Europe, he was the man to watch. His 2004 season was far less supported than 2003 and his challenges of staying in the game were aparent, basically he succeeded and made it through the season and that says alot to me about him off the track, no one knows more what thats like than me. My first 3 seasons were that way and I did not know any different. The valuable lessons I learned about racing and life from the 2004 season, which I guess now I can openly talk about now, has afforded me the chance to type this today. Thank you friends and school loans for the priceless expereince!

In a nut shell, after being informed that my Boxer Cup race bike that was already in France from Daytona, could be ridden for the rest of the season at my own expense! Full time student and then this happens, lol. Hey, I would not be where I am without the help of countless people and GOD, put them in my life for a reason and vice versa. Not just to win, go fast, and keep to myself, but to share this gift and all the excitement it brings to ones life involved. This is a small window and to be able to share it down the road from now with as many people as are involved now, priceless.

So, my boss's (team owner) wedding is tomorrow and then off to Germany to see some cool stuff. Once back its all business. It pretty much stinks that our West coast friends and riders cannot make it nearly as easily as the East coasters, but this 2006 season finale will be ridden by myself and my teammates as if youse were there!

Really honored to be teammates this fall with another amazing racer and mentor, Stephane Mertens. Three time World Endurance Roadracing Champion from Brussels, Belgium.

Oh yeah, GO EBOZ (Eric Bostrom) at Mid Ohio this weekend for the AMA Formula Extreme finale! A win makes him the AMA FX champion!!!!!!

N8!

1 Comments:

Blogger Elsie said...

Good luck at Daytona! I know you'll be champion of champions again. Do you know if the Moto-ST will be televised? I know you'll have lots of support in Daytona, so we'll look for you on the podium!

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home