Monday, October 23, 2006

Here we are. Im going to type what at times I feel are excuses for not being punctual here. On the other hand my typing is not stellar, but then again I could work on that too!
So, after leaving Munich I started to feel and hear the pressure that was being heard through the grapevine. Few questioned my abilities at the "national" level and wondered if I really had the skills necessary to complete an endeavor that would not have been possible without my efforts over the past 2 seasons. Without the feedback from our amazing BMW riders community on what they have experienced also, there would not have been a history making weekend as we just completed! Thank you BMW riders!

Once my trip started from Devon, Pa. where Main Line BMW motorcycles is located , the 6 hour drive to pick up the one of the best crew members any team could ever ask for, which San Jose BMW was soon to find out, Todd "The Peanut Farmer' Cutchins would hopefully break the silence. The silent trip down to the bottom of Va. did wear on me a bit, replaying what has been tossed around in other peoples minds. Well I realized finally that what we have accomplished this season and last was not a dream and it really happened. We ran up front and we did it on a BMW motorcycle. This was a stage to perform on and thats what my team and I did. From the open practice this past Thursday to the races on Sunday. There were no more questions. Everything was answered. The bike ran flawless due to BMW Motorcycles of Atlanta's top techs and the lap times never leveled off. Even after our historic win in MotoST Sun Trust "8 Hours of Daytona" Saturday night under the lights teamed with legendary San Jose BMW , I felt that was not enough. I was content enough for each days performance, but there was always a new day. A major help daily was another great bmw rider I had the honor to meet, a gentleman by the name of Will from Ca. . He was a another inspiration on top of many at each race weekend my team receives!

It was an absolute honor to have been teamed with Stephane Mertens (3 time World Endurance Champion) and Brian Parriot this past weekend.

Capping off a season with a consecutive #1 plate for the 2006 CCS Mid Atlantic and Southeast Championship, including 9 regional class championships, and 4 National class Championships. Then a win through perfect execution from the riders and pit crew of the MotoST Sun Trust 8 Hours of Daytona, what more credibility is needed?


Nothing would make me happier than to see everyone at IMS shows and other events in 2007!

Thank you Main Line BMW, BWM NA/AG, Suomy helmets, Vanson Leathers, House Industries, BMW Motorcycles of Atlanta's technical support, Sidi boots, Spidi Gloves, Spectro Oils, Remus Exhaust, and all the loyal BMW motorcycle owners around country for another mulitple Championship winning season!


N8! Kern

1 Comments:

Blogger Elsie said...

Hey Nate! Good job. Glad to hear that all that hard, sweaty, rainy, riding that you've done over the past several years on BMWs is finally paying off. The BMW BMW club is really gung-ho about your riding and can't wait to hear from you at the beginning of the year at the Holiday Party. We'll see you at the Wash., DC IMS show too!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home