Thursday, October 05, 2006

(yawn) still not adjusted to the time change all the way, lol. Currently sitting in a coffee shop in the city of Munich and of all names of this place, "San Fransisco Coffee House".... Amazing, over the past few years i have been outside of the US I get the occasional person that wants to tell me what they think of the US and Bush, lol, and most of the time its not positive comments. BUT they still want to name their businesses after US names?!?!?! I find it funny, but I do not buy into wasting oxygen on an issue I cannot change alone. SO, I can say that I love this place. Munich is a great city and the pride and atmosphere is great. There were many firsts one being my first time wearing "lederhosen" to Oktoberfest (spelling?)! I could not stop laughing!!! i was actually in this ol' skool leather Bavarian drinking giddyup outfit and I dont even drink! Going to what I had asked my colleague over here "so Andy, is this just a get togetehr of some of your work friends... you know, maybe 100 people or so?!" Listen, Im smarter than I look, but when he said "No, TENSOUSAND people!" I was like "whaaaa?!"
As ususal Andy never let me down, there are literally like 8 to 10 thousand people in this city square area choosoing their "Bier Garten" (beer garden) and having the time of their lives dancing on benches and lughing and singin... To good of a time! Ok I had a one or two beers and they are no joke over here!

Besides trying to stay up on a mt. bike riding and attempting to stay away from the amazing food that tends to pack on the lbs., there is a really care free atmosphere. rained each day off and on and a bit chilly, but its a good cold. While out today I saw driving around the new almost finshed BMW X5. Awesome. As for my time here I am actually taking a nice debrief from the two wheel world, but its tough when your getting buzzed in traffic by the new BMW F800 parallel twin motorcycle and all the bikes here. I will say that the F800 in the flesh is great move for our market and BMW is on the right track. The bike just has really neat appeal for all levels of riding and demographics. In its urban jungle here the bike just fits. On the highway, it fits, not as I had pictured it. The styling... you will see eventually!

I know soon that I need to get back into the mode that has afforded me this time off and thats running up front on a motorcycle no one in our market or any market as a matter of fact would imagine winning, at any level. Daytona again will be another great run for all of us and from there I would really llike to share the bikes abilities with more of you during the off season.

I still pinch myself as other racers and spectators ask why sometimes, because I know now it is a gift and not right. Everything in my life was coincedence until I BELEIVED. Once you beleive nothing is coincedence.


See you all soon at Daytona and congrats to Brian Parriot and San Jose BMW with a solid performance at Infineon!

N8!

2 Comments:

Blogger jamie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:46 AM  
Blogger jamie said...

Congratulations, Nate, on a stellar performance! You worked so hard and this is so well-deserved :) !!

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home