Monday, June 25, 2007

hello and thank youse so much for just awesome support! It goes very far as you can see. Adrenaline is a wonderful thing! I am still beside myself about taking the pole and setting a new track record for the Natl. Thunderbike class. After quaifying everyone was all ecstatic as i pulled in, I figured 5th or 6th. I could not get e clean lap and finally after waiting for a lap for someone fast to come by for a tow, I just said "if Im gonna be on the front row I have to do it myself". We did. The one single lap I just thought about every corner, talked to myself throughout the lap and the single lap with no draft did it for us!

The win in CCS Thunderbike was only because of the BMW riders camped at the Morton's BMW hospitality tent in T4. The second, third, 4th, and 6th laps were under the pole time and broke the existing Tbike record I set earlier. The BMW riders were just in force and 2 laps to go there was just so much pressure and pain in my knee, to look up before the turn and see everyone cheering proved to me we could withstand more! lol

Go karts that evening with all the BMW riders was so much fun! Wild Will was flying and is an amazing person! This friend from California flew out and had a chacne to see first hand what a community of BMW riders we have from all over! I cannot wait to come out West and see the guys from the Pelican Parts board and Motorcyclist Cafe, great supporters!

Supertwins on Sunday I rode my backup bike as i keep neglecting it and not getting it set up. I went out on it and I will ome clean, lol, I told my mechanics and a few folks, but the steering dampner broke because of me!:) I was just a bit giddy and wanted a really crossed up wheelie coming out of 3 up to 4. I started it off with my kee just off the ground and my wrist was so taxe from the day before, lol, I could not shut off as quicky as I needed to and it sat down crossed all the way up and on the gas...... I can laugh now but not then. Little did I know I snapped the steering dampner clean off the telelever arm. I found out as i was battling for the lead with a 999r mounted rider and with the knee on the deck it was slapping feverishly and then about 5 times per lap. On lap 3 i looked down thinking why is the damn dampner not dampning!? It was just dangling. I backed it off to 4th.
ASRA Tbike was just a dogfight from the start. The way scrapping was done early, i knew and had a serious hunch something was not right. Holeshot, led up to 4, Estok slipped by, and from there I realized I just did not have the endurance after the 6 weeks off after 2 surgeries. I parked it in 7 and 3rd and 4th went by. I just sat backed and watched what I just knew was going to unfold. I told my team I had a feeling before due to the way they were riding that morning and waht was said the night before about a BMW being back up front after a 6 week hiatus! lol

SO, it happened, Bilanksy (heck of a rider!) just plowed the front way to deep into 7 on the next lap collecting Brian and they both wnet down hard (both ok!). SO whew, 2nd place now and just maintain it. I was fading, I will admit it. Then a wheel snuck up next to me and I looked over and I was like man, who is this?! Arnie got by riding eratically, i just figured it was an easy pace so I will just sit back and draft him to the line to regain 2nd. Well, again being a wimp, I let the femur bruise get the best of me, I went wide in 3 after repassing 2nd cause I thought he would go a little deeper. He took the bait so i could get back into cruise mode. Then tucked the front in T4 right in front of Morton's BMW's hospitality tent. From there 2nd place was just handed over again.

Thank you Morton's BMW and BMW MC of Atlanta for one of the best weekends ever all things considered.

So many people to thank, friends from HS, Lynda, Tyler and the Sinnwell family, Elsie, BOB, Tina, all the great kids that just give me so much more energy! Such a great turn out with so many people having fun...... priceless!
N8!

3 Comments:

Blogger nikki said...

bruce and i wanted to let you know that it was wonderful meeting you at VIR yesterday. you did great in all of your races and really gave us someone worthy to root for. look forward to seeing you at future races - welcome back! :-)

6:20 PM  
Blogger Leslie B said...

Nate - You did a wonderful job this weekend. The Morton's clan of mini fans were your biggest supporters! I'm so glad they have someone to look up to that has an abundance sportsmanship as well as talent. Thanks for being a wonderful role model.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Nate- Call me about your picture.
Oce North America
Gary Scott
610-617-2188

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home