Friday, July 20, 2007

Hi. I know the past 2 months have been a pretty wild ride. Physically never felt worse while trying to get healthier, but I have never ridden better or fatser in my career. Weird.

I was finally able to get through to this Dr. that has been seeing me since my accident. I told him mulitple times thta my neck is getting worse. The pain was pretty unbearable at times and just never tappered off. "First things first, let's deal with the leg and knee...." he replies. Well, my neck is just on the back burner. I dealt with it. Im dealing iwth it still. Yesterday I had a follow up for the wrist and leg and now that it is satisfactory I said, "My neck still hurts..."
I know I have a good tolerance for pain, but geez louise. He puts me in for an Xray. WHADYA KNOW, a fractured vertabrae!

I was livid, actually freaking pissed! This whole time yeah we've been able to run upfront and win races, but man the pain is just unreal. Then I was told that it's an old fracture. No kidding, 2 months old. It's in the T1 and just downright crappy. Yeah I have been rather irritable due to lack of sleep. Just cannot sleep, just a constant pain. Dr. says well maybe we can see if it's a disc or muscular. Yoouve got to be kidding me again. My PT, after a thoroughly long eval. does not want to touch me. She says it's not either, it's structural more or less.

Went to get a 2nd opinion today. The Dr. was great, very gruff an dto the point. Not as old as the other says (fracture), and needs an MRI for another dimensional loook at it. I can still do stuff, due to what I have already accomplished with it. Long term effects are serious though. SO, just need to get this crap over with and get ack to making BMW owners proud.

I think the MOA rally was awesome. I didnt realize how many folks knew about this blog and or had their families following things. LOL, I think it's funny how many BMW riders said thier wives and grilfriends say it's "OK" to go and be a part of this Conquest of ours to race BMW's and prove their validity. Meaning, they have either been to the track and or heard through the grapevine how great a time it is and condone thier spouses involvement, lol. Jus pretty cool.

Camp Gears at the BMW rally centered around the next generation of BMW riders. With a seminar based on decision making and riding comprehension, I had a great time sharing and talking with the young riders. I found it to be such a tough time to touch base on so many important aspects of motorcycling in a short period of time. I would love to be involved as much more with anything I can hlep the BMW MOA with in the future.

With that being said, I look forward to another BMW MOA rally and just thankful for the support I recieve from group of riders that any manufacturer would love to have, and BMW has them!

I will be at Barber Motorsports park for some practice and possible 2 up rides on the BMW R1200S 7/28-29 next week! Come and enjoy the track and commraderie.

Cheers,

N8!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim Bud said...

Hi Nate......

Glad to hear you are still fighting....we can't wait to have you back racing....for BMW

8:45 PM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Hey Nate, We'll get that neck straightened out and healed. The true mark of a winner is that he keeps on winning after being knocked down. You've shown that, even injured, you ride faster than ever. Take care of yourself, but follow your head.

3:51 AM  
Blogger CWThompson said...

Nate - Christy and I are very happy, inspired and not at all surprised that you are battling back and keeping the faith and sense of purpose. Look forward to catching up soon and have a great weekend at Barber! You're in our thoughts and prayers. Keep doin your thing N8!

Much Love and Respect!

Carter & Christy

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home