Thursday, August 02, 2007

Howdy all. I didnt thinkyou could get a cold in the summer... go figure!? Last weekend I had a great time at Barbers Motorsports Park practicing for a couple of days and riding with fellow BMW riders. With a stock R1200S BMW motorcycle I took about 10 people for rides around the race track and that was alot of fun. It was fun to see their reaction when the got off of the bike and to hear how much they didnt think a BMW could do what we did.
Passengers ranged from 100lbs. to 240lbs. and it was a learning curve for myself too!

I have opted to stay at home and not race in Germany on the new R1200S based platform I tested months ago in Le Mans, France. I made this semi tough decision due to my grandparents wanting to come see me race at Barbers the same weekend as the World Endurance round in Germany (Oschersleben). My grandfather is not doing to well and my grandmother has never seen me ride, so thats what I am going to do. There is also a very big support base between the AL., GA, and TN BMW riders. Whatever I can do to support bmwxplor.com I will.

Barbers is the toughest track I have raced on with a BMW. The nature of the course is alot like Sachsenring in East Germany. Your only full throttle about 20% of each lap and always leaned over it seems. Alot of trailbraking and many blind corners. Really I think what is the toughest aspect is the T5 and T6 area. Hairpin or bus stop corners just do not suit our wheelbase, but we find ways to counter that the best we can. We have been able to win numerous races there last yaer, but the competition has stepped it up and the classes I am running are bit tougher than last season.

This race will be next weekend and I hope to see as many of youse as possible and just share in the great diretion BMW is going in!

Cheers,

N8!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home