Monday, August 13, 2007

It's so friggin hot down here and this past weekend in AL. at Barbers Motorsports Park it was 103 degrees! lol Asphalt hit 141 degrees and tires were getting slick from overheating. Regardless, BMW fans/family came from all over and it made my job alot easier actually. There was just a really good feeling instead of a bad one, fromthe accident there 3 months ago. Beng knocked out instantly during that accident was the best thing. I didnt remember a second of it and I just rode the track the way I always did in practice, then went faster as the weekend went on.

Another track record we set in the ASRA Pro Thunderbike class. VIR was a good feeling considering the way I felt physically, setting that record, but Barbers was also acheived through the support and enthusiasm of our BMW riders! As soon as you even stepped into the sun it would feel like a light burn, it was hot, beyond humid, and still we had the best fan base there. No manufacturer could ask for a better owners base, in my opinion.
So the weekend ended up with 2 wins, 2 seconds, and a very, very fun 4th place fromthe back of the field in the 600 Grand Prix race. Just a great battle in funny to watch the body language of these 600 riders after getting in their heads when showing them a wheel on a "WHAT"..... "A BMW!" lol

I look very forward to getting out west this weekend and basically learning a new track, hanging out with BMW riders, and regaining my endurance and strength. It is still real though as much as I try to ignore it, the pain, but it keeps you working!

TTYL, N8!

1 Comments:

Blogger sanford_gentry said...

Nate,

Please post when will you be racing in the midwest or east? Would like to see a race.

Be fast, be safe.

Sanford

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home