Monday, August 06, 2007

No racing in Germany this weekend coming up. My grandfather is not doing so well and my Grandmother has never seen me even ride, so they asked to go to Barbers in Alabama for the ASRA races this weekend. I informed BMW AG that their offer to come back and race at Oschersleben was just awesome, but explained my situation. They said I made the right choice as there will be many more times to ride the bike over there.

I did mention though that there was another great candidate I team with if needed! SO, I practiced at Barbers weekend before this past one and at a trackday with a bit of traffic was able to go .5 faster than I have ever gone there during a race.
The nature of the track is a very tough one though for our wheelbase. So I am just going to do my best to get a better set up in the bike and get it to turn. Your only full throttle about 20% of the track and during the "G" out (compression going up the face of a hill) you ry and tame the tire spin with more rebound to get the traction down and tire to grip when you hit the crest of the hill and the back end unloads.

We are going to try a better brake set up also. The back of my pads boiled literally at Road America causing to much brake fade, lol. I still run everything stock right through the lower triple to the calipers. Stock pegs, handle bars, yadda yadda.... the bike is just alot of fun!Hope to see youse at Barbers?!N8!

1 Comments:

Blogger Elsie said...

Hey Nate,
Good luck at Barber this weekend. Hope your grandparents are there to watch you race. I know you LOVE to race at Barber and you'll do really well!

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home