Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Replying to your post honda39...

Congrats on being able to get that R6. You must be doing something right to have the chance to race at such a young age, keep it up! The best advice I feel I can give you is be very "conistant". On and off the track. Doing what it takes in a race to run up front obviously takes some hard work, or just work at all. So apply that same attitude off the track. Consistancy will get you noticed buddy!

Comprehension and problem solving is key to consolidating time. Alot of that can be learned in school. I know I sound like some old fart giving redundant advice, but you asked, and I am telling you. There is just great training in how to problem solve and that same training you get in math class may not be the exact same equation, but trains you on how to solve a problem that may come up later while at the track. May be geometry of the bike or suspension problems that require you to have that valuable training you forced yourself to do a year or two earlier while in you desk at school. Alot of my success starts before I even put my helmet on. Understanding how tires work and knowing how suspension reacts to inputs is key to running up front. Hopefully you can ride a BMW around the track one day, it will open up your eyes and knowledge of how and why bikes work the way they do. Great training/race bike!

Ride smart, know your limits, and gradually try new things, do not rush into them. Maybe in the future we can get a chance to ride together at the track and I look forward to helping you.

Cheers,

N8!

1 Comments:

Blogger honda39man said...

Thanks very much for the advice. I dont mean to bother you but i have some more questions if you dont mind. Is there any other way other then seat time to find out more about suspension and tires? By the way, the reason I originally contacted you was because my dad ran into a friend of yours who works at VIR (Amanda M.) She said you were a real nice guy and liked to help young riders.I appreciate that. thanks alot, Joe Calabro

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home