Monday, September 03, 2007

Had a great day testing/practicing at Barber Motorsports Park yesterday (Birmingham, AL), left Atlanta for Chicago today, and heading to WV on Wed. as soon as I land for the ASRA Pro Thunderbike Natl.

Details to follow for the PR event here in Chicago. Will be fun, I can say though! My BMW MC of Atlanta prepared/powered R1200S's re just flat out flying. It has been awhile since I last raced a K1200R Power Cup bike. Most say how they do not enjoy i o the track at all, but I think it's great! Awesome perfromance streetbike, on the track it makes you earn every inch of pavement though. Not by any means to hard to go fast on, just challenges your comprehension on how chassis and suspension work at speed. In 2006 we were able to pull off 2 wins in Unlimited Superbike, one at a new track for us. Just awesome the way it pulls and pulls and pulls.... The bike has great power all the way through.

Have to admit that my R bike skills are semi lost for about 2 laps trying to get readjusted from the K bike. You get used to the power and it's amazing how much I didnt realize how alot of guys just love to pull the trigger and blast down the straights, but man you really can carry some decent cornerspeed on the K bike.

Ok kinda rambling, I know I have been rather tardy by not posting here, but I have had some tough decisions to make lately and doing whats right and for the better has taken alot of time.
It's all good though, love our bikes and riders!

Cheers,

N8!

2 Comments:

Blogger Leroi said...

N8,

Wishing you the best on that big boy BMW...I come from a background of inline fours, and after riding the K1200s some time ago, I'm still grinning. I now own a GS 1200 Adventure, come to love the boxer more and more every time I ride it. It's amazing the difference in style and power but still all very enjoyable...my son Beau you met last year @ the NYC Bike show often asks how you are doing...he was very sorry to hear you hit the ground so hard, as I was. But were glad your backup and doing your thing!

You are an inspiration and can't wait to hear about the many still to come wins and podiums!

Lerio,

11:23 AM  
Blogger Edde M said...

Nate,
No worries on the delinquency of your posts...just glad to hear you're still on the track.

I've been following your exploits since I met you last year at the MLBMW shop and its definitely been a source of inspiration to hear how much of a struggle/work it is BEFORE you even get on the bike.

Keep the faith and looking forward to hearing more.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home