Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Man Nov. 15th was the last post here! Not like I have had my laptop with me or anything, lol. I have been traveling a bit and also taking time to get ready for next season. There was the Pirelli tire test at Daytona then off to Long Beach for the IMS show. I recently returned from the IMS show in LB and now gettting ready to practice at a couple of different tracks this weekend.

Right now my main focus is strength training. Mt.biking each day and marsmanship at the range. The next IDPA match is coming up and it is a great way to relax and find a balance between speed and accuracy. The mt.biking has been a real challenge though. One of the guy's on my team and from the shop is just awesome on the trails. He kicks my butt everytime we go on the bicycles. It is great training.

Getting ready for new challenges such as the biggest of my career is the Daytona 200. I have always wanted to run it, but I never thought it would be on a BMW. For sure there are always opinion's on how the bike will perform, but we have to start somewhere. This new dual overhead cam HP2 Sport is getting better and better each time I can ride it. The tire test yielded some great data and the Germans are doing their homework! The 200 has it's own nature. There are so many factors and aspects that we cannot rely or focus on any single one. There was not much of a draft due to the limited # of bikes on the track during the tire test, but the top end will improve even more in March.

We are looking forward to 2008. The overwhelming support from BMW riders and riders in general is strong. From trackdays with the nation's leading trackday company Team Pro Motion to CCS/ASRA/AMA races, there will be alot of seat time to further the development of our BMW motorcycles.

There is alot to be thankfull for this Holiday season. Many of us have family and frinds that can be with us that are serving in our nation's military. Keep them in your thought's and prayer's throughout the Holiday's.

Nate

2 Comments:

Blogger joenjack said...

Hi Nate,
I met you last Sunday at the Long Beach Motorcycle show. You were so gracious talking to us for 30 minutes about racing. I kept asking you what it was like to go 180mph and you calmly explained that the speed loses it's wow factor after a while.
Now it's time to get me to a track. Wish you were there to teach me! Thank you for your kindness and time. Shelly

8:21 AM  
Blogger Elsie said...

Hey Nate, You're really on a roll now and you're being noticed on a lot of tracks. You're poised for really great things in 2008, so keep practicing! You have a lot of people cheering you on in your endeavors and are so glad to see you making an impact both on and off the track! Merry Christmas and best wishes for a happy, healthy and most prosperous 2008!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home